Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dumpster Diving

I just noticed - the green tint on the bottom of the photo...that belongs to my stretched out phone cover. LOL!!


So, during one of my private phone conversations – I took in the front yard. Yeah, so much for privacy, but while I was out there I spied this cute little end table. I walked across the street and touched it and then came back to my house. I sat here and thought about how cute it was and made the decision that I did in fact need it. It was free. So there it was sitting out there on the side of the road, just waiting for someone to come by and take it. It needed a home; it was not ready for the dump. I gathered up the boys and headed back across the street. I don’t know why but I felt the need to let them know I was taking their trash. I didn’t want them staring down at me from their living room window. I rang the doorbell – nothing. I knocked on the door – nothing. I yelled for Justin to go ahead and grab it. I’m not going to sit here and tell you he was excited about dumpster diving, he was a little bit embarrassed, so much so that he actually stood in our driveway while I rang the bell and knocked on the door. When he knew the coast was clear he crossed the road and grabbed the table for me. Sitting on the table is a plant from my grandmother’s house. My grandmother has been deceased for quite a few years now. Look how healthy her plant is…doesn’t it look great on my free table?

No comments:

Post a Comment