Friday, June 12, 2009

5th Grade Graduation

Yes, I’m still around here. :::blows dust off::: Last week was way too busy. I nearly forgot to let ya’ll know – my baby girl graduated 5th grade on Friday (that's last Friday ya'll - LOL). That was the start to a long weekend. I soon realized I no longer have a child in elementary school. I have a middle school child and one high school child…because one of them graduated. I’ll admit it, I cried at Raye’s graduation, every time I looked at a teacher or saw one of her friends – I cried. It seems like yesterday she was crossing the street to start kindergarten.

She has the cutest friends; they became friends in first grade and still hang out together. I hope they continue to remain close through middle and high school. Anyway – the 5th grade graduation started out with them walking the halls of the elementary school, and then they met in the lunchroom for the signing of the yearbooks, back to the classroom for the diploma hand outs and a surprised autograph from Colt McCoy (oh lord – he was born the year I graduated from high school)! HOOK’EM HORNS!! After all the tears and hugs, the girls all spent the night together. Graduation was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment